We believe that student attire affects the learning environment of the school campus. The following dress code applies to all students at Mendez High School.
- Light blue or dark blue polo shirt without logos or patterns; school logo is acceptable.
- Gray pants or slacks worn at the waist
- Shorts should be knee length.
- Jackets must not have distracting insignia, graphics, messages, or logos.
- Closed toe shoes required.
- Standard belt properly worn at waist level.
- Shirts should be worn tucked in.
Prohibited Items as part of the Uniform Guidelines
- No jeans or denim.
- No patterns or logos on all clothing except Partnership, approved city seal shirts, or school emblems
- For example: No brand names, sports teams, gang-related attire, or drug insignias.
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, spandex clothing, or clothing the reveals the midriff.
- No hats, wave caps, bandanas, sweatbands, visors, or curlers.
- No oversized, ripped, torn, or clothing with holes.
Out of Uniform Consequences
The staff of Mendez High School will conduct daily uniform checks. Therefore, parents/guardians will be contacted if the student is not adhering to the uniform/dress policy.
Physical Education Uniform
All students are required to “dress” for physical education every day. The physical education uniform is as follows:
- Gray T-shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Tennis shoes/Sneakers
The physical education uniform is only to be worn for P.E. Students will be required to change back into the school uniform when physical education ends each day.